Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dreams never forgotten!

Ok this is two days on a row!! I guess I should try to post on my lunch hour more often! This edition of random rambling is about dreams you never forget and finally finding out who you are! Since a kid I can remember wanting to be an Aggie! My Grandpa was an Aggie, my Dad was an Aggie, my Aunt and my cousin. Have you ever had a dream that you just can't let die? This is the one for me! I graduated college from Tarleton State University and I am very proud of that but it is not what I ultimately wanted. I was such a social butterfly in college and all my life and that seemed to get in the way of my school work. I cannot say how much I regret that! I regret wasting time and money but having tons of fun! So do you just let a dream die? Or do you think that maybe just maybe there is a way to finally accomplish something you have wanted so bad for so long? I don't know but a Dream is a Dream and I think it can never be forgotten. I had a "dream" in my sleep last night that I applied to A & M for a second degree and Christopher and I even up and moved there so I could do it! Is this a fluke thing or am I trying to tell myself something? So as I sit here writing this to you while listening to the Fightin Texas Aggie Band CD on my computer at work I sincerely think that I have gone CRAZY! I am old, I already have a college degree, I own a house and have a full time job, what am I thinking? What else is crazy is I wore an Aggie shirt to work today that says "Texas Born, Aggie Proud"! In my eyes I am an Aggie to the bone and I don't need a degree to show it but the dream of being an Aggie is never going to go away! So what do I do? Do I try it again? Momma and Dad if you are reading this do not think I have jumped off the deep in! I can here you both now "WHAT?". But here is the thing I only have one life to live and why not conquer all you can while you can??!! So I don't know what my future hope of being a real Aggie holds but I can say that I am a very different person now than I was in college. I think if I wanted to sincerely do it I know I could but the idea of it is so crazy that everybody would think I was an idiot!!!
In closing.... here is to dreams never forgotten and a will to never give up on your dreams! Gig'em Aggies!!!

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”
-Author Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home