Thursday, October 9, 2008

Don McCullin

“Photography for me is not looking, it's feeling. If you can't feel what you're looking at, then you're never going to get others to feel anything when they look at your pictures.”

--Don McCullin

I couldn't have said it any better! Love this quote! Don McCullin was one of the greatest war photographers of all times. He is most famous for pictures taking in the 1960's and 1970's. If you are not into dramatic pictures don't go researching him! He was so good at showing the sorrow and sadness of war but his photos have so much to them. Of course they are black and white and that adds to the effect but they have such great depth of field. The first time I learned about him I saw a photo he had taken in one of my history books in college. I think I stared at it all class! My favorite photo that I have seen of his is "Shell Shocked Soldier". It shows the real face of war and I think that is what he meant for it to show. Google it! It is not a bloody war photo it is a soldier staring right into his lens and has great composition and it just kinda captures you. Anyway, that is my history lesson for the day! Have a great one!!!
Amber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home