Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Are you Creative??

Hello All!
So sorry it has been so long since I blogged....life interupts! Anyway, I have been thinking about the word creative. What exactly does it mean? By definition creative is --- originality of thought and expression. But is that really what it means? When researching similar words that compare to "creative" some interesting results come up. Here are some examples.... gifted, original, visionary, inventive, innovative, ingenious, stimulating and productive just to name a few. Ok now that we all have an idea what I am going to say next might sound complicated so don't let me loose ya! I have seen articles and studies saying that you are born creative but I have also seen many articles with ideas that creativity is self taught. In my eyes everyone is creative in some way. Just because they aren't visually creative does not mean that they are not an artist in some way. Therefore the phrase "Born an Artist" belongs to everyone! I feel that you can teach yourself to be creative as well. I think if you work hard and find something you are interested in you will find your inner artist no matter what the outlet may be. So the articles and research I was refering to earlier are both right! Let me give you some examples of people I know that are creative in different ways..... My brother is musically creative because he loves music and that is his passion so he has taught himself to play the guitar, My sister is a graphic designer and that just screams creative-- She taught herself to use the programs and how to use the computer in ways I have no idea how she does it----
So here is the punch line of this rambling! Are you born creative? YES Is creativity self taught? YES So I encourage everyone to find something that you truley enjoy and work hard to make it original, inventive, or innovative and find your nich because when you do you will know it and you will love it!
This quote is at the top of my quote list! I think everyone should live by this and we all could reach our full potential.
Oh and by the way it is a quote from a famous fashion photographer and designer.
"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaganative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary."----- Cecil Beaton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home